Now Accepting Applications for the 2020/21 School Year
Rate of Pay: View Board Approved Salary Schedule
– Kentucky Emergency Substitute Teacher Certification
– 64 semester college credit hours from an accredited college
– 2.45 GPA
– Experience working with school-age children
– Experience working in school setting
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The select substitute teacher carries out the duties in the absence of the teacher of record. Assignment of a Permanent Substitute Teacher is restricted to temporary use during an absence of a teacher or temporarily while a teacher vacancy is being filled. Select Substitute Teachers are assigned to a specific location but expected to fill assignments in other locations as needed. A select substitute teacher organizes and delivers the program of instruction based on approved curriculum; monitors, evaluates, and communicates student progress; maintains records and makes reports; enforces Board policies, regulations, and rules; supervises students, and secures and maintains school property and materials.
1. Complete a JCPS online application along with the other state and District mandated online training courses. Trainings can be completed after employment begins.
2. Upload a copy of your unofficial transcript. It must be uploaded.
3. Criminal Records Checks *REQUIRED* – The records check fee is $33.25 (exact cash or check only) and a driver's license or picture I.D. is required. Note: records check fee may be changed without notice, these stay current for six months only and this does not guarantee employment.
4. Child Abuse and Neglect check. A valid email account must be setup $10.00 processing fee.
5. Successful candidates will receive notification via email that they have met the necessary qualifications to attend the Substitute Orientation. It could take weeks to receive this notice.