Website American Printing House for the Blind
Empowering people who are blind or low vision
Who is American Printing House for the Blind?
Since 1858, the American Printing House for the Blind has operated in Louisville, Kentucky as the world’s largest nonprofit organization creating accessible learning experiences through educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are blind and low vision.
There’s no other place like it. Creating things that make a real difference in people’s lives is what we do.
Mission: A world leader in empowering people who are blind or low vision by providing accessible and innovative products, materials, and services for lifelong success.
ABIDE: Here at the American Printing House for the Blind, we live by the motto, “Welcome Everyone”. Many modern organizations value diversity and inclusion: we choose to go further, understanding that more must be done to foster a sense of belonging in our institution. To that end, we are committed to advancing accessibility and belonging, as well as inclusion, diversity, and equity in all aspects of our workspace, and to enriching our company with our distinct life experiences.
Compensation and Benefits
$21.14 – $26.10 | Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Accessible, Diverse, and Inclusive Workforce
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
- Health Insurance covered at 80% for employees – plans include family planning benefits
- HSA Plan and FSA Plan – both include company contribution!
- Competitive Dental and Vision Plans
- Health and Well-being initiatives
- 401(k) Plans with company match and immediate vesting
- Company provided Short Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance at no cost to employees
- Voluntary Life Insurance with Accidental Death and Disability
- 4 weeks PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance and Professional Development Opportunities
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
Under supervision of the Director of Finance, this position will assist in accounts payable and accounts receivable functions as well as provide administrative support for various functions within the finance department. This is a fully onsite position in Louisville, KY.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Process AP invoices for payment by printing emailed accounts payable invoices and routing to the appropriate individuals for approval.
- Process AP invoices through entire AP cycle. Complete AP payment verification.
- Scan AP invoices and documentation into online filing system.
- Process monthly credit card statements including Visa, Staples, Amazon, and Home Depot.
- Work with Finance team members to create a digital archive of physical documents.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP and Finance team, including schedule meetings and appointments (onsite and with software meeting tools such as Zoom/Teams), and filing paperwork as necessary.
- Back-up for daily processing of AR (print and mail).
- Serve as a regular back-up (coverage) for front desk receptionist, duties including answering phones, greeting guests, sorting and distributing mail, etc.
- Organize, prioritize, and respond to phone calls and emails; handle urgent matters as appropriate and in a timely and professional manner using good judgement.
- Possess the willingness and flexibility to adapt to new responsibilities and work across all levels of the organization.
- Represent the organization and division by maintaining a positive, professional appearance.
- Understand that various ad hoc duties may arise from time-to-time that may not be clearly detailed in the roles and responsibilities specified, taking them on as assigned without hesitation.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and 1–3 years’ experience will be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Accounting/Finance of general ledger principles.
- Experience with ERP and/or accounting software strongly desired.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and created accessible documents required.
- Knowledge of online software meeting tools, such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom, preferred.
- Must be motivated, a problem-solver, and be able to work through tasks independently.
- High level verbal and excellent written communications skills; demonstrates leadership required to build relationships across departments crucial to the success of the team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Exemplary organization, planning and time management skills; solid organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize daily workload.
- Must exercise discretion and confidentiality.
If you have trouble accessing the application through Paycom, please contact Ryan Ward at email@example.com.
APH is a drug-free workplace. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test.
American Printing House for the Blind provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to disability status, race, color, religion, age, genetics, protected veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, political affiliation, or other non-merit-based factors protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.