Human Resources Administrator
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, this position provides support to managers and employees and coordinates human resources activities, such as recruitment and hiring, safety and wellness, FMLA, compensation, labor and employee relations, benefits, and training. Position is integral member of HR team to foster a positive work environment for all employees.
Salary is in the $40K range.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Administers various human resources programs and processes for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
· Assists with the online performance review system to ensure timely and appropriate evaluations in conjunction with the salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
· Conducts recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees. Duties include writing and placing job postings; reviewing applications and resumes; making recommendations to hiring managers; scheduling and interviewing applicants; and conducting new-employee orientations.
· Administers Family Medical Leave requirements, including determining eligibility, tracking leave taken, and communication to employees and supervisors.
· Organizes company-wide events, including service awards banquet, retiree luncheon, Lunch and Learns and other special celebrations. Supports the Health & Wellness efforts including internal and external events, meetings, communications and community involvement.
· Organizes and conducts training programs as needed for safety, HR compliance, and employee development.
· Assists with Safety Committee meetings and minutes; filing First Reports of Injury; communicating with worker’s comp insurer and medical personnel; assisting with administering the safety and health programs; and maintaining and administering the MSDS program.
· Contributes to the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
· Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, including maintaining I-9 files; Affirmative Action reporting requirements; VETS 100 reporting, and other related requirements.
· Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, psychology, and/or safety related field preferred. Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or SHRM-CP preferred. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software programs. Must be proficient in Internet-based programs. Prior experience with the payroll process and payroll systems preferred.
· Requires effective oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision; Must be detail oriented and organized. Experience in conflict resolution a plus.
· Must be professional in appearance and in interactions with employees and the public. Ability to maintain confidentiality is required. Ideal candidate will have the desire to learn all aspects of Human Resources administration.
To apply for this job please visit www.aph.org.