Website American Printing House for the Blind
An accessible world, with opportunity for everyone.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitor equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
· Performs installations and repairs using various hand and power tools, saws, grinders, sanders, drills, drill presses, etc.
· Perform basic plumbing tasks such as replace flush valve diaphragms, seals and gaskets; clean plugged drains, and repair leaks.
· Perform installation, repair and replacement of carpet, floor and ceiling tiles, window blinds and shades.
· Perform basic carpentry work in the alteration, repair of walls, windows, doors, and floors.
· Prepare surfaces for painting, mix paints, finishes, and other coatings and apply to equipment, and structures.
· Replace filters and assist other maintenance personnel in basic HVAC repairs.
· Perform basic installation and repairs of electrical systems, lamps, ballasts and switches.
· Assist in relocating machinery, equipment, and other objects for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
· Assist journey-level trades workers and maintenance personnel with a variety of equipment maintenance, and repairs.
· Perform assembly and moves of office furniture and equipment.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS, AND WORK AIDS:
Various power tools, miscellaneous hand tools, fork truck, etc.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Must pass test demonstrating knowledge in Basic Electricity and Maintenance. Previous forklift experience is extremely beneficial for the position. Must be able to comfortably work on ladders and regularly lift up to 50lbs. One year of building maintenance, general trades, skilled trades, or experience is required. Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance is necessary. Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in basic construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures is needed. Communication with supervisors, managers, and coworkers is imperative. While some tasks will require teamwork and/or assistance, the candidate will perform tasks independently when assigned.
New Hire Rate: $18.26 After 45 Days: $19.26
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday (with every other Friday off)
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test.
We encourage all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, place of birth, or disability, as defined by applicable law. EEO/AA Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.