Website American Printing House for the Blind
SPECIAL PROGRAMS INSIGHTS ART INTERN
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Special Programs Insights Art Intern.
Under the supervision of the Special Programs Coordinator, the intern will support the InSights Art Program, and the Factory and Museum Tour Program, in the Government and Community Affairs Department.
Note: This position is an onsite position, and no virtual hours are available.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead factory and museum tours for visitors. Study a script, learn the tour route and be able to talk about the mission and history of APH.
· Provide support for the InSights Art program by assisting with data entry, mailings, and other tasks as assigned.
· Write articles for InTouch, APH’s in-house newsletter, including employee profiles.
· Support the 2021 InSights Art Exhibit, Awards Banquet, and other associated projects.
· Communicate with artists, educators, and families by phone, e-mail, print, or braille.
· Other duties will be assigned as needed.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associate’s degree or two or more years of college in a related field required.
· Ability to learn facts and figures related to APH and feel comfortable presenting information to both school age and adult groups.
· Excellent customer service skills, oral and written.
· Must be able to follow directions: both verbal and written.
· Possess the energy and stamina to conduct at least one 90-minute tour each day.
· Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills and be self-motivated.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Proficient typing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, Excel, and Power Point or similar computer programs.
· Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs and handle artwork, push carts, and other equipment.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Hours: 30-hour work week – Monday through Friday, 9:00am-3:30pm.
Internship Duration: Approximately 3 months, starting in July.
Pay Range: $12.00-$14.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, Click Here. If you have any issues with the online application, please contact 502-899-2240.
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.aph.org.