Job Description (ATTACHED)
Salary Schedule 1A Grade 7 (ATTACHED)
Working Calendar:187 Days/7.0 hours per day
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists teachers in fulfilling the goals of the second language program by providing the appropriate language instruction to the students assigned to such classes. Assists in the implementation of education programs by providing comprehensive assessments, evaluations, and instruction.
- Associate Degree or approved equivalent training (64 college semester hours) and experience
- One year successful experience in related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in two (2) languages, English and the appropriate language
- Experience in working with children and parents with special needs, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of or receptive to philosophy, policy and methodology of the U.S. educational system
- Effective communication skills
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. Click KPA Study Guide
to review the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Study Guide.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to have their credentials evaluated prior to being referred for vacancies. Contact an approved agency from the following list: click here