Salary Schedules : (Attached) Grade: II / Grade 4
Scope of Responsibilities
Coordinates and conducts bus driver training activities and maintains necessary records. Plans and implements safety training for all District school bus drivers.
- Conducts classroom and on-the-road driver training for assigned District and contracted services personnel.
- Conducts classroom training for transportation support personnel such as bus monitors.
- Supervises, schedules and documents all aspects of driver training
- Assists in planning and conducting of all bus driver in-services relative to state required bus driver certification
- Assists in the reviewing, screening, selection and interviewing of all bus driver candidates
- Conducts the Student Bus Safety Programs
- Works with transportation personnel and school Principals concerning school bus related safety issues
- Assists in maintaining records and statistics of all vehicle accidents and monitors the motor vehicle records of all employees who drive District vehicles
- Provides effective communication with parents, students, community organizations, news media and District personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Completes all trainings and other compliance requirements as assigned and by the designated deadline
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid commercial driver’s license with evidence of a good driving record
- School Bus Driver Instructor certification issued by Kentucky Department of Education
- Five (5) successful years of driving experience
- Ability to instruct in the areas of safety and traffic education curriculum
- Effective communication skills
- Valid commercial drivers license with evidence of a good driving record
- Experience in a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of Federal and State Pupil Transportation regulations
- Satifactory experience as a school bus driver.
The work is primarily sedentary. It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. The work requires reaching with the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights. The work requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, driving automotive equipment, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
*PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must upload a letter of interest and resume when applying online. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for the position.
*Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
*Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.