Website Marcus Paint
Specializing in custom solutions to challenging coating related requirements,
MARCUS PAINT COMPANY serves the OEM industrial market.
Our goal is to solve problems, improve quality and efficiency and educate our clients
by working as a consultative partner to provide the best services and products.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate who can roll up their sleeves
and collaborate with others to create innovation and success for the future.
Someone whose core values are aligned with the culture of the organization.
• Be accountable.
• Be driven to succeed.
• Have a desire to learn.
• Empower others.
• Have fun.
Basic functions for this position include:
• Identify profitable sales opportunities per Company goals by obtaining
information necessary to determining feasibility of success.
• Work with appropriate individuals within the organization to develop a
strategic plan for each opportunity based on needs assessment and value
• Manage the strategic plan to the established goals.
• Manage assigned accounts to maintain the relationship and grow business.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner and support the integrity
it’s known for.
• Work within Company policies, procedures which includes working with other
personnel and as a team member in some cases.
• Share past experience/knowledge and contributes new ideas where
What we are looking for from you:
• Minimum 5 years in industrial coatings sales requiring a strategic approach
preferably for a Company with less than $50mm in sales.
• Extensive knowledge of application, performance specifications and
environmental challenges within a factory applied coatings environment.
• Independently closing individual accounts with revenue in the $500K to $1.5M
• Handling the entire sales cycle from beginning to close.
• Ability to create demand rather than a fulfillment sale.
• Ability to self-motivate, prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
• Ability to be creative and strategic in determining approaches to acquiring
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM
Dynamics, etc.) at a greater than “intermediate” level. Ability to adapt and learn
new applications where necessary.
• Ability to travel, by auto and commercial airline.
Why work at Marcus?
• Autonomy and flexibility are key elements in working for a small company.
• We are progressive thinkers, with sophisticated lab and testing equipment, and
modern technologies to build for our success.
• The commitment to continuing our family legacy started over 160 years ago;
our focus remains to treat it everyone as family.
• We focus on long-term relationships with our clients to go the extra mile and
provide the best solutions for their needs.
• Our consultative approach incorporates our extensive knowledge and
expertise to provide clients with optimal results.
If you are ready to join the Marcus family, send your resume and cover letter to
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com