POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Group Sales or Department Manager, the Team Leader gives daily direction to the associates in one of the departments within the store, to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, stocking and customer service activities.
1. Supports GSM / DM in achievement of Departmental Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals.
2. Provide daily direction to the associates within the department.
3. Prepare to-do / Task lists.
4. Execute all merchandising directives….i.e. “Top 25 list”, “Extreme Savings” items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the Corporate Office.
5. Insure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
6. Assist the GSM / DM and Human Resources Manager to staff the department with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates training; consults with GSM and gives input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
7. Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR Manager.
8. Maintains a high level of personal Customer Service; achieves better than Company average customer service results (surveys, secret shops, etc.).
9. Remains Product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training; conducts product demos to entire staff.
10. Assists the GSM / DM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items.
11. Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work, measuring and evaluating performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems, maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates
12. Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- identifying and evaluating customers’ needs
- making product recommendations based off of this analysis
- promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
13. Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- 2-4 years in Retail Sales / Supervision experience is a plus
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public.
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
To accomplish the essential functions of this job, Incumbent will be required to:
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
- Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Constantly assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Light work that includes constantly lifting and moving objects up to 20 pounds, occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed)
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally work in tight and confined spaces
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, step stools, etc
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to HR Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-873-5330 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
2021 Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
401k Retirement Savings
Paid sick time
Bass Pro Cares Fund
To apply for this job please visit www.basspro.com.