Caesars Southern Indiana
With a friendly, upbeat and positive attitude, the Steward position serves as a main support system. Stewards maintain the highest level of cleanliness of dining and cooking utensils along with the kitchen area.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Continuously maintains a neat, clean, organized, safe, and comfortable environment for our guests.
· Washes dishware, utensils, pots and pans and puts them away to maintain the required levels of supplies in the dining room.
· Maintains a constant flow of soiled dishes from the restaurant venues to the kitchen.
· Completes closing checklist in a timely manner.
· Ensures cooking line is free of debris throughout shift.
· Empties trash cans and replaces with new liners.
· Transports trash to dumpster and operates cardboard compressor.
· Adheres to all internal controls, policies, standards and procedures.
· Understands performance expectations.
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Previous restaurant experience preferred.
· Dependable and motivated.
· Possess basic reading skills and have the ability to read and understand caution and warning labels, signage and stickers.
· Must be a team player.
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time (minimum of four hours).
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency while performing tasks and meeting deadlines.
· Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the casino; from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
· Must be able to lift, carry and/or push a minimum of 40 lbs.
· Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp objects and the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
· Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
To apply for this job please visit Caesars.com.