Website Caris College
Title: Program Director
Employment Status: Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Education
Program Director: Job summary
The Program Director of Nursing oversees the Nursing Department to ensure prospective students, current students and graduates are given superior service through Caris College for their post-secondary educational experience. This role will service the Jeffersonville, Indiana campus.
Summary of essential job functions and responsibilities:
- The main responsibility of the Program Director is to lead and promote the program while providing support to the instructional staff and students in their growing needs.
- The Program Director will interview and hire all instructors for the program alongside the Director of Education. This process includes advertising all available instructional positions, reviewing applicant information, conducting interviews, negotiating terms of employment (pay, schedule, etc.) and, finally, making the official offer of employment. The Program Director will also oversee the training of all new instructors by providing initial training resources and creating a development plan to assist them as they grow into their role.
- The Program Director will manage the department’s instructional staff, including but not limited to: complete classroom observations to ensure the highest quality of education is being produced, conduct instructor reviews, maintain up-to-date instructor and classroom information, oversee the teaching schedule of instructional staff and facilitate learning opportunities through professional development and continuing education courses.
- The Program Director will carry out a variety of instructional duties including teaching program courses, providing back-up to instructors when out, coordinating/staffing tutoring sessions as needed, student advising, and reviewing course grades and student absences in conjunction with the Office of the Registrar. Identify and develop academic success plans for at-risk students.
- The Program Director will maintain supplies and equipment as needed, direct CPR procedures, and certifications.
- The Program Director will review, and revise program curriculum as needed, develop and implement program effectiveness plans, and monitor, track and report program outcomes. Maintain institutional, state and applicable programmatic accreditation requirements.
- The Program Director is responsible for organizing, coordinating and holding a program Advisory Board annually, at a minimum. The advisory board must meet all applicable accrediting body standards.
- The Program Director works closely with the Director of Education to oversee the operations of the program and lead initiatives to foster growth and development of the school. This includes the development and implementation of policies and procedures as well as reviewing and revising those policies as needed.
- Work directly with the Marketing Department to maximize the effectiveness of marketing materials for the program.
- Seek opportunities to participate in public events (such as college fairs, etc.) in an effort to increase awareness of Caris College and the program.
- Provide reporting and feedback to stakeholders of Caris College when requested.
- Work closely with campus administrators to ensure the department operates effectively and compliantly and the overall goal and strategic initiatives for the department are in line with the overall vision of the institution.
- Promotes teamwork throughout the campus and utilizes teamwork concepts to achieve overall campus goals.
- Actively engage in continuing education/professional development and in-service opportunities (minimum of two/year in each area).
- Carry out the mission of Caris College while interacting with students, coworkers, industry representatives, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Summary of qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Nursing required
- Active nursing license required.
- Three to five years related work experience, with supervisory experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible scheduled to accommodate weekend and evening hours as needed.
Must possess excellent leadership, customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office programs, customer management systems, and campus management systems.
- Proficient knowledge of all campus, state, and federal regulations and policies applicable to the position.
- Ability to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, parents, and staff face to face and via the telephone/email.
Program Directors must meet eligibility requirements set forth in the ABHES Accreditation manual, Chapters 5 and 8, as applicable, as well as state and applicable programmatic accreditation.
From time to time, all personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities. The description above is intended to only describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Program Director and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. At times, other duties that support the mission of Caris College may be assigned by the Director of Education.
Screenings: Criminal Background Check
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.