CASA gives a voice to abused/neglected children.
This position requires an entrepreneurial and outgoing personality, as well and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Key responsibilities include organizing, planning, and communication. It’s a fit for someone who loves to build relationships with other organizations, coordinate events, and generate outreach activities that help communities partner or participate in CASA’s mission. It is also ideal for someone with an interest and background in digital design and writing, with a special focus on promoting CASA through social media as well as print and other advertising.
CASA seeks a thoughtful and energetic communicator committed to children’s issues, interested in advocacy, and motivated by the challenge of growing a mid-size and respected organization.
The Community Engagement Manager will work closely with the Director of Development on all aspects of the organization’s community facing work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement an overall plan for community outreach and engagement for CASA, specifically targeting key stakeholders like faith organizations, businesses, and other social and civic organizations with the goal of raising awareness and developing partnerships in line with CASA’s mission and vision.
- Create and maintain CASA digital presence, including social media postings, blog contributions, press releases, newsletter content, etc.
- Conduct entry events for CASA called CASA 101s and follow-up with attendees.
- Develop CASA partnerships with individuals and organizations, forming a database of CASA Ambassadors supportive of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development on execution of plan and outreach materials.
- Participate, coordinate, and organize presence during special events and strategic community opportunities.
- Effectively manage community requests regarding partnership opportunities.
- Distribute and track outreach materials in strategic businesses, organizations and community areas.
- Organize and implement open house awareness campaigns.
- Design and implement evaluation tools to gauge and ensure impact.
- Monitor the success of community engagement strategies and budget, and make course corrections.
- Create and maintain detail-oriented database of key stakeholders and corresponding outreach successes.
- Present community outreach statistical outcomes to Board of Directors and staff.
- Increase contacts and partnerships within the community to provide ongoing services to client populations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- B.A. in Communications, Marketing, Business, and/or a related field preferred.
- Documented history of sales, community outreach and/or promotional work.
- Background in digital design and content creation preferred.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates clear and engaging verbal communication skills.
- Excellent and persuasive writing skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to establish successful working relationships with service providers throughout the community.
- Ability to communicate in English.
20 hours per week
CASA of the River Region provides employment opportunities for those seeking to improve the lives of abused and neglected children. CASA offers equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. In addition, military or veterans shall be fully considered. CASA offers a family friendly atmosphere with outstanding benefits, including company paid health and life insurance, a retirement plan, and paid vacation/sick leave.
To apply, submit your information on Indeed.com:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.