Coalition Supporting Young Adults
Organization Summary: First started in 2011, CSYA is a collective action initiative of more than 650 partners representing over 60 community organizations or departments in Louisville who are committed to transforming the way we support vulnerable youth and young adults. We accomplish this by authentically engaging marginalized young people, advocating for their success, and connecting them with programs and other opportunities.
The Coalition is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Coalition celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
Job Description: The Education Reengagement Coordinator works with education and employment stakeholders, researchers, partners, and young people to identify the issues leading to educational disengagement and to develop and evaluate program and policy level strategies that address them.
• Lead the CSYA education workgroup focused on identifying issues and proposed strategies at individual and system levels;
• Develop best practices guide for community-based network of learning hubs for high school age students (academic support, education reengagement, career exploration, college readiness, connection to needed supports);
• Deliver conference on effective practices to reconnect youth and young adults with education;
• Develop and deliver marketing plan to encourage youth and young adults to find their path back to school;
• Convene forums for young people who have experienced educational disengagement or disruption to tell their stories;
• Recruit and enroll trainees in the educational advocacy classes and lunch-and-learns, send reminders and training evaluations;
• Maintain directory of advocates prepared to work one-on-one with YYA on education reengagement.
Additional Tasks: As part of the CSYA team, the Education Engagement Coordinator will:
● Collect and analyze information on community level gaps in services and system barriers. Develop recommendations for improving coordination to better serve youth.
● Track CSYA activities to enable an informative evaluation of CSYA and related collective action activities. Prepare reports on activities and outcomes to funders, the Board, and the public.
● Participate in a strategic plan for the coalition that strengthens both individual member organizations and links between organizations.
Knowledge and Skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Able to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and follow through on details.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google, and other collaborative tools and technologies
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Experience analyzing education and labor market data and trends.
● Experience developing multi-sector strategies to shift policies.
● Experience managing educational reengagement services.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org