Job Description: (see attached)
Salary Schedule: III (see attached)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plans, organizes and delivers the program of instruction based on approved curriculum; monitors, evaluates, and communicates student progress; maintains records and makes reports; enforces Board policies, regulations, and rules; supervises students, and secures and maintains school property and materials.
- Kentucky certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular assignment
- Experience and preparation required by the Board
- 3 years experience studying/practicing movement-based wellness techniques that include structured mind-body training. Prefer training or certification in teaching such techniques.
- Experience in facilitating wellness education with elementary age children, including: social-emotional learning, stress-management, healthy eating, and physical activity.
- 3 years experience in studying/practicing and/ or teaching mindful awareness practices (e.g. mindfulness, mindful movement, and compassion).
- Openness to educational innovation, e.g. excited to try out innovative teaching techniques and practices, comfortable with receiving feedback and continuously striving to improve one's own teaching practice; willing to continuously improve and possibly relearn strategies for classroom management and for encouraging healthy teacher-student relationships.
- Experienced and comfortable with responding to children's social and emotional needs and building a warm, relationship-oriented, studentÂcentered learning environment.
- Willing to fully participate in professional learning expectations ( e.g. required training, professional development sessions, engagement with professional learning communities, and continuous professional growth through an on going coaching relationship) for Compassionate Schools curriculum.
- Willing and capable to,prepare for and implement Compassionate Schools lessons following the scope and sequence of the provided curriculum, as written with fidelity, working with a coach to adapt as needed to differentiate for the diverse needs of students.
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS, AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAIVER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely. Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or terminatio