Job Description: (attached)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The elementary counselor is responsible for the development of a guidance program at the local school level that will implement the district's guidance plans. Counselors provide systematic and ongoing individual and group counseling services related to the academic, social, vocational and personal development of students. Elementary counselors provide information, consultation, coordination, testing and referral services designed to meet the needs of students, parents and staff in a total guidance program. An essential function of the counselor's role is the implementation of federal, state and local educational and title mandates.
- Master's Degree with major in guidance and counseling
- Certification in guidance and counseling by Kentucky Department of Education
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience or relevant school based experience
- Effective communication skills
- Complete the Recruitment and Hiring online application
- Upload a letter of interest specific to this position and location – “Elementary School Counselor – Grace James Academy“ If the letter is not specific, the application will be considered incomplete.
- Upload an up-to-date resume
- Upload a copy of your current KY Counseling Certification
- Identify five references; with one being current supervisor
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.