Job Description: (Attached)
Salary Schedules / Grade: IV / 09
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job functions of the middle school counselor includes teacher-based guidance, individual/group counseling, academic planning, parent education, and grouping and scheduling students. The counselor is the school agent for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. The counselor conducts in-service, serves as a liaison to parents and community and orients students, parents, and teachers to the middle school. The counselor is responsible for maintaining and auditing the records for each of the students.
- Master's Degree with major in guidance and counseling
- Certification in guidance and counseling by Kentucky Department of Education
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience or relevant school based experience
- Effective communication skills
- Complete the online application
- Upload a letter of interest specific to this position, “Middle School Counselor – Brown School“. If letter is not specific, the application will be considered incomplete.
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a copy of your KY Administrator Certificate (if applicable)
- Identify 5 references with one being your current supervisor
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.