Job Description: (Attached)
Salary Schedules / Grade: IV / 09
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assumes responsibility for the implementation of the District's guidance program at the building level. Counselors provide systematic and on-going individual and group counseling services related to the academic, vocational, social and personal development of students. Secondary school counselors provide information, consultation, appraisal, testing, and referral services designed to achieve appropriate program selection, placement and career planning for students. Major component responsibilities include orientation, academic planning, and class
scheduling for individual students, maintenance of all student records, and the implementation of federal, state, and local educational mandates.
- Master's Degree with major in guidance and counseling
- Certification in guidance and counseling by Kentucky Department of Education
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience or relevant school based experience
- Effective communication skills
- Complete the Recruitment and Hiring online application
- Upload a letter of interest specific to this position and location (Counselor – Valley High School). If letter is not specific the application will be considered incomplete.
- Upload an up-to-date resume
- Upload a copy of current KY Counseling Certification
- Identify 5 references – if references are on file from previous application they should be no older than one year
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS, AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAIVER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!
Please note: EVERYONE must supply a letter of interest and resume when applying. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for the position. Incomplete packets will NOT be considered.
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely. Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination