Job Description: (Attached)
Salary Schedules / Grade: IV / 09
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assumes responsibility for the implementation of the District's guidance program at the building level. Counselors provide systematic and on-going individual and group counseling services related to the academic, vocational, social and personal development of students. Secondary school counselors provide information, consultation, appraisal, testing, and referral services designed to achieve appropriate program selection, placement and career planning for students. Major component responsibilities include orientation, academic planning, and class scheduling for individual students, maintenance of all student records, and the implementation of federal, state, and local educational mandates.
- Master's Degree with major in guidance and counseling
- Certification in guidance and counseling by Kentucky Department of Education
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience or relevant school based experience
- Effective communication skills
- Complete the online application
- Upload a letter of interest specific to this position, “Secondary School Counselor – Louisville Male High School“. If letter is not specific, the application will be considered incomplete.
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a copy of your KY Administrator Certificate (if applicable)
- Identify 5 references with one being your current supervisor
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.