Website Crowne Plaza - Louisville
The Crowne Plaza – Louisville Airport is looking for great associates to join our hotel who are willing to Dare to Connect with True Hospitality! To review the job descriptions and qualifications for each position, please visit our career site at cplouisvillecareers.com. Interested candidates may discuss opportunities with Crowne Plaza’s Human Resources department at 502-380-4222.
Responsibilities include ensuring safety of the pool and guests in an effective and efficient manner. The role of Lifeguard ensures safety, cleanliness, and maintenance of the pool area.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Support the Crowne Plaza hallmarks and standards.
2. Ensure the safety of all guests and pool members.
3. Maintaining a clean and orderly pool deck area.
4. Responsible for completing the daily chlorine content log as required by health standards.
5. Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and equipment.
6. Contact emergency medical personnel in case of serious injury.
7. Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
8. Responsible for cleaning the pool area of loose debris and keeping chairs and other pool furniture neat and within the pool area.
9. Enforce all pool rules and regulations as set forth by the management of hotel.
1. Have the ability to connect with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner.
2. One should have a sense of urgency.
3. Must demonstrate time management abilities.
4. Proficient at detail and multitasking.
5. Possess strong oral communication skills.
6. Ability to reason and use strong judgment skills.
7. Comfortable in the water and a strong swimmer.
Education & Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
2. 0-2 years of lifeguarding experience.
3. CPR and Lifeguard Certification required.
Lifeguard will work within our atrium pool. Individual can expect to work in an outdoor environment during the summer months and a climate controlled environment during the winter months.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking repetitive motion, hearing visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time non-exempt position with expectation to work necessary business hours to ensure business needs are met during the operation of the Maintenance Department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit aljsco.hrmdirect.com.