Job Description (attached)
Salary Schedule (attached)
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in a field that supports the pathway
- Current EMT-Basic Instructor Certification
- Certified Instructor for First Aid and CPR (may pursue upon employment)
- 4 years of experience as an EMT-Basic Instructor. Two (2) of those years of experience must be within the last 5 years.
- A maximum of one year of the required work experience may be satisfied by completion of an accredited vocational preparation program for the occupation to be taught.
- Hold a professional certification listed under code 210221: https://applications.education.ky.gov/SCCD/Home/Index
- Meet Occupation-based teaching requirements (see attached Occ Based CTE Requirements and Hiring Procedures document)
See: 16 KAR 2:020 Occupation-based career and technical education certification
- Issuance of one year Provisional Certificate; completion of three (3) semester hours of credit in the occupational area OR successfully completing the New Teacher Institute (NTI)
- Certification for teaching Vocational Education specialization in: Engineering related courses.
Additional training may be required.
NOTE: Interested candidates must complete both the JCPS employment application AND the attached "CA-3 form.fill-in 3" document. Candidates should provide detailed information regarding all relevant experience and job tasks on this document, as it will be used to determine whether candidates meet the minimum requirements for the position and will be a factor in determining eligibility for experience credit. Candidates may use as many copies of the document as needed to capture all relevant experience.
*Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination
Per Article 16 Section A, 2 of the JCBE and JCTA Agreement, current JCPS classroom teachers must use the Teacher Transfer process and will not be considered for this vacancy.