Job Description (attached)
Salary Schedule (attached) ($42,914 – $86,665)
- Hold a professional certification listed under code 210221: https://applications.education.ky.gov/SCCD/Home/Index
- Meeting Occupational-based teaching requirements
Requirements to be an Occupation Based Teacher:
- Applicant must be a US Citizen with a high school diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years of successful and appropriate occupational experience in the teaching area. A maximum of one (1) year of the required work experience may be satisfied by completion of an accredited occupational preparation program for the occupation to be taught; and,
- At least two (2) years of the occupational experience completed within the last five (5) years. (Note: The JCPS Career Instructional Leads in the Office of Transition Readiness are available to review occupational experience, as requested.)
If an applicant does not have an associate’s degree (verified by official transcript), then he/she must pass a Pre-Employment Assessment – the ACT, SAT, KYOTE, or GED College Readiness exam.
|Test Area||ACT||SAT||KYOTE||GED Readiness Exam|
- See: 16 KAR 2:020 Occupation-based career and technical education certification
- Issuance of one year Provisional Certificate. Completion of three (3) semester hours of credit in the occupational area OR successfully completing the New Teacher Institute (NTI).
- Certification for teaching Vocational Education specialization in: Engineering related courses.
Process for Hiring:
- See Teacher Testing Process for Non-Degreed Career and Technical Education Teacher Applications according to 16 KAR 6:020
- An offer of employment from a local school district
- Complete CA-3 form with appropriate signatures from district and school personnel. Provide an official college transcript with completed CA-3.
- Enrolled in the New Teachers Institute with the Office of Career and Technical Education at KDE (http://education.ky.gov/CTE/Pages/default.aspx)
(Additional training may be required)
- Kentucky Certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular assignment
- Experience and preparation required by the Board
*Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
*Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination