Job Description (attached)
Salary Schedule (attached)
Requirements to be an Occupation Based Teacher:
- Applicant must be a US Citizen.
2. Four (4) years of successful and appropriate occupational experience in the teaching area. A maximum of one (1) year of the required work experience may be satisfied by completion of an accredited occupational preparation program for the occupation to be taught; and,
- At least two (2) years of the occupational experience completed within the last five (5) years. (Note: The JCPS Career Instructional Leads in the Office of Transition Readiness are available to review occupational experience, as requested.)
* Candidates must hold a current Certificate to practice Law in Kentucky.
* Issuance of one year Provisional Certificate; completion of three (3) semester hours of credit in the occupational area OR successfully completing the New Teacher Institute (NTI)
NOTE: Interested candidates must complete both the JCPS employment application AND the attached “CA-3 form.fill-in 3” document. Candidates should provide detailed information regarding all relevant experience and job tasks on this document, as it will be used to determine whether candidates meet the minimum requirements for the position and will be a factor in determining eligibility for experience credit. Candidates may use as many copies of the document as needed to capture all relevant experience.
*Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualifications for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
*Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.
Per Article 16 Section A, 2 of the JCBE and JCTA Agreement, current JCPS classroom teachers must use the Teacher Transfer process and will not be considered for this vacancy.
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS, AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAVIER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!