Job Description (ATTACHED)
Salary Schedule (ATTACHED)
See: 16 KAR 2:020 Occupation-based career and technical education certification.
Applicant must be a US Citizen with a high school diploma or GED
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
If the applicant holds a high school diploma with NO college coursework, the applicant will be required to
take and pass an entrance exam to demonstrate basic competency in reading, math and English. If the
applicant has ANY college coursework, the requirement to take the entrance exam will be waived.
BASIC COMPETENCY IN READING, MATH AND ENGLISH MUST BE MET PRIOR TO AN
Test Area ACT SAT KYOTE GED Readiness Exam
Reading 20 470 20 165
Math 19 460 22 165
English/Writing 18 430 6 165
Four (4) years of successful and appropriate occupational experience in the Business and/or Marketing
– Examples of work experience (not all inclusive)
At least two (2) years of the occupational experience completed within the last five (5) years. (Note: The
JCPS Career Instructional Leads in the Office of Transition Readiness are available to review
occupational experience, as requested.)
- See Teacher Testing Process for Non-Degreed Career and Technical Education Teacher Applications according to 16 KAR 6:020
- An offer of employment from a local school district
- Complete CA-3 form with appropriate signatures from district and school personnel. Provide an official college transcript with competed CA-3.
- Enrolled in the New Teachers Institute with the Office of Career and Technical Education at KDE (http://education.ky.gov/CTE/Pages/default.aspx)
Please see the attached CTE Occupation Based Requirements and Hiring Process. In addition to completing the application, all applicants must also complete and upload the CA3 p3 work experience form. Please provide a detailed description of all relatable work experience in the designated spaces on the CA3 form.
Per Article 16 Section A, 2 of the JCBE and JCTA Agreement, current JCPS classroom teachers must use the Teacher Transfer process and will not be considered for this vacancy.
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAVIER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!