Website Greater Louisville Inc.
Metro Chamber of Commerce
Greater Louisville Inc. – the Metro Chamber of Commerce is focused on growing the regional economy. As the region’s largest convener of business leadership, GLI leads economic and global outreach strategies focused on business attraction; nurtures the entrepreneurial eco-system; and champions the development of the community’s talent base. Additional strategic efforts focus on diversity and racial equity to help build a more inclusive economy. As the voice of Greater Louisville’s business community, GLI advocates for a pro business environment and facilitates businesses engagement on issues that impact regional competitiveness. For more information, visit www.greaterlouisville.com.
Under general supervision of the Vice President of Public Policy and External Affairs, this role will lead the development and implementation of the diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives that align with Greater Louisville Inc.’s new strategic plan. Additionally, this position will strategically guide the Chamber’s Business Council to End Racism and collaborate with regional stakeholders to progress these efforts both internally and externally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Coordinate and serve as the main point of contact for the Business Council to End Racism
- Identify and coordinate volunteers and stakeholders to participate in chamber initiatives related to DE&I
- Advise and implement GLI’s strategic initiatives related to supporting underrepresented business enterprises and talent: Drive inclusion, development, support, and amplification of underrepresented businesses throughout the region; Ensure diverse talent is connected and feels a sense of place in the region
- Coordinate DE&I efforts with the Louisville Small Business Development Center, such as specialized training related to finances and capital, customer development, and scale up operations
- Conduct proactive outreach to underrepresented businesses and connect underrepresented businesses to resources as appropriate, including connections within the corporate business community
- Build relationships with regional DE&I community leaders, community-based organizations, and businesses to increase engagement with Chamber initiatives
- Provide strategic direction to GLI DE&I events
Research & Communication
- Conduct research and develop strategies to support underrepresented business enterprises and talent
- Assist in the development of Chamber messaging including but not limited to GLI Leadership remarks, press releases, newsletters, GLI website, social media pages, job descriptions and internal documents to ensure inclusive language is being used
- Work with the internal finance team to establish and manage a DE&I budget
- Serve as staff lead for the internal DE&I committee
- Prepare reports for internal/external review of metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Under normal circumstances, this work is performed in a moderately noisy office environment. Due to the ongoing global pandemic, GLI is currently operating remotely.
Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years of experience in a business environment and diversity and inclusion work. A combination of education and experience may be substituted when proficiency is demonstrated.
Excellent organizational and administrative skills are essential to manage multiple projects, as well as proficient communications and writing skills. Must be able to work with deadlines.
The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information they encounter.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The incumbent must have computer skills. Experience in diversity and inclusion and strategic planning strongly preferred
To apply for this job please visit gli.applicantpool.com.