Job Description (attached)
Working Calendar 187 Days/ 7 Hours
Starting Hourly Rate: $14.35
Salary Schedule 1A (attached) Grade 3
Under the direction of the supervising teacher or Principal, the instructional assistant participates as an integral member of the instructional program including tutoring students, assisting in documentation of pupil progress, preparation and organization of materials and equipment, and/or instructing. Also, assists bus driver in supervising, loading, and unloading students.
Information regarding the Early Childhood Program
The Early Childhood Program: Early Childhood staff is dedicated and focused on providing students a great start to their school careers. They prepare students for transitioning into elementary school, and build confidence and skills in each child for personal success and school readiness. Strong parent involvement and participation is encouraged, fostered and appreciated in all our programs. The benefits to both children and families are long lasting. The research clearly indicates that children attending Early Childhood programs have a greater success in school.
- High School Diploma or G. E.D.
- Passing Score on the Kentucky Para-educator Assessment or 48 college hours
- Demonstrated competent language skills including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups
- Program specific certifications/training
- All required training will be complete within 90 days of employment including the required bus monitoring training
to review the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Study Guide.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here