Job Description: (Attached)
Salary Schedule: IA /Grade 3 (Attached)
Days/Hours: 187days/7 hours
Scope of Responsibilites:
Under the direction of the supervising teacher or Principal, the instructional assistant participates as an integral member of the instructional program including tutoring students, assisting in documentation of pupil progress, preparation and organization of materials and equipment, and/or instructing. Also, assists bus driver in supervising, loading, and unloading students.
- High School Diploma or G. E.D.
- Passing Score on the Kentucky Para-educator Assessment or 48 college hours
- Demonstrated competent language skills including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups
- Program specific certifications/training
- All required training will be complete within 90 days of employment including the required bus monitoring training
- Effective communication skills
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. For assistance with studying for this assessment, click KPA Study Guide. To schedule to take the KPA test with our Adult Ed department click https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0Bh_qS85AHf6KXFQtNNahoGWAQ7yo3NCsMedzhMW8QvcCXQ/viewform?usp=sf_link. Upon completion of scheduling, you will receive a confirmation email from Adult Ed with additional instructions about the location, address and parking.