Working Calendar: 187 Days/ 7 Hours
Salary Schedule: 1A, Grade 4 (attached)
Recognizes that all responsibilities are basically supportive. Assists in implementing each student's individual education plan. Helps establish and maintain a pleasant, safe, and structured learning enviroment. Displays willingness and aptitude to work with students with disabilities.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Passing score on the KPA (Kentucky Paraeducator Exam) or 48 college semester hours.
- Demonstrated competent language skills including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively.
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups.
- Program specific certifications/training.
- All required trainings will be complete within 90 days of employment including the required bus monitoring training.
- Effective communication skills
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. For assistance with studying for this assessment, click KPA Study Guide. To schedule to take the KPA test with our Adult Ed department click HERE. Upon completion of scheduling, you will receive a confirmation email from Adult Ed with additional instructions about the location, address and parking.
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.