Salary Schedule III (attached)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate and assist the school based Exceptional Child Education (ECE) team to support student achievement; administer, scoreand interpret assessments; and maintain compliance with district Exceptional Child Education procedures. Provide technical assistance and support for the implementation ofthe Kentucky Administration Regulations (KARs) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Master's degree with valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate in Special Education
- Three (3) years successful teaching experience in special education or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to work successfully with people
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding programs for exceptional children
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team situation
- Demonstrated decision-making abilities
- Effective communication skills
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS, AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAVIER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!