Coordinate and assist the school based Exceptional Child Education (ECE) team to support student achievement; administer, score and interpret assessments; and maintain compliance with district Exceptional Child Education procedures. Provide technical assistance and support for the implementation of the Kentucky Administration Regulations (KARs) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Master's degree with valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate in Special Education
- Three (3) years successful teaching experience in special education or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to work successfully with people
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding programs for exceptional children
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team situation
- Demonstrated decision-making abilities
- Effective communication skills
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS, AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAIVER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!
PER ARTICLE 16 SECTION A, 2 OF THE JCBE AND JCTA AGREEMENT, CURRENT JCPS CLASSROOM TEACHERS MUST USE THE TEACHER TRANSFER PROCESS AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY.