Job Description: (attached) 195 Days/7 Hours
- Master's degree with valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate in Special Education
- Three (3) years successful teaching experience in special education or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to work successfully with people
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding programs for exceptional children
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team situation
- Demonstrated decision-making abilities
- Effective communication skills
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS, AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAIVER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!
PER ARTICLE 16 SECTION A, 2 OF THE JCBE AND JCTA AGREEMENT, CURRENT JCPS CLASSROOM TEACHERS MUST USE THE TEACHER TRANSFER PROCESS AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY.