Working Calendar: 187 Days/ 6.5 Hours
Salary Schedule: 1A, Grade 4 (attached)
Recognizes that all responsibilities are basically supportive. Assist in implementing each student's individual education plan. Helps establish and maintain a pleasant, safe, and structured learning enviroment. Displays willingness and aptitude to work with students with disabilities.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Passing score on the KPA (Kentucky Paraeducator Exam) or 48 college semester hours.
- Demonstrated competent language skills including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively.
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups.
- Program specific certifications/training.
- All required trainings will be complete within 90 days of employment including the required bus monitoring training.
- Effective communication skills
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. Click KPA Study Guide to review the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Study Guide.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.