Working Calendar: 187 Days/ 7 Hours
Starting Hourly Salary $14.35
Salary Schedule 1A (attached) Grade 4
Information regarding Exceptional Child Education (ECE) classrooms
Exceptional Child Education programs are designed to meet the needs of the student whose approach to learning is different from that of his/her peers. The school District is committed to providing a high-quality education for the student with disabilities. A variety of programs, techniques, methods, and materials are available and utilized for individualized instruction. Exceptional Child Education programs are provided to students with disabilities in Comprehensive and special education programs facilities/agencies. Assignments could include students with Moderate to Severe Disabilities (MSD), Mild Mental Disabilities (MMD), Other Health Impairments (OHI), Emotional Behavioral Disabilities (EBD), Autism (AUT), Visual Impairment (VI), Hearing Impairment (HI), Learning Disabilities (LD), Social Communication or a combination of each area. Changes in assignment or ECE designation could occur during a school year due to student and classroom needs or could occur between school years when ECE allocations are reviewed.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.; Passing score on the Kentucky Para-educator Assessment or 48 semester college hours
- Willingness and aptitude to work with students with disabilities
- Physical ability and willingness to assist with physical needs of students such as walking, positioning, toileting and lifting
- Attending district ECE in-service for professional growth is required
- Participate in Safe-Crisis Management Certification.
* Experience with students who exhibit behaviors.
* Experience with students with disabilities
* Willingness to be SCM trained.
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. Click KPA Study Guide
to review the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Study Guide.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.