Working Calendar :187 Days/ 7 Hours
Salary Schedule: 1A (attached) Grade 3
Recognizes that all responsibilities are basically supportive. Assits in implementing each student's individual education plan. Helps establish and maintain a pleasant, safe, and structured learning enviroment. Displays willingness and aptitude to work with students with disabilities.
Information regarding the Early Childhood Program
The Early Childhood Program: Early Childhood staff is dedicated and focused on providing students a great start to their school careers. They prepare students for transitioning into elementary school, and build confidence and skills in each child for personal success and school readiness. Strong parent involvement and participation is encouraged, fostered and appreciated in all our programs. The benefits to both children and families are long lasting. The research clearly indicates that children attending Early Childhood programs have a greater success in school.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Passing score on the KPA (Kentucky Paraeducator Exam) or 48 college semester hours.
- Demonstrated competent language skills including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively.
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups.
- Program specific certifications/training.
- All required trainings will be complete within 90 days of employment including the required bus monitoring training.
- Effective communication skills
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. Click KPA Study Guide to review the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Study Guide.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here