Working Calendar 187 Days/ 7.0 Hours
Salary Schedule 1A (attached) Grade 3
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Passing score on the Kentucky Para-educator Assessment or 48 college hours
- Willingness and aptitude to work with students with disabilities
- Physical ability and willingness to assist with physical needs of students such as positioning, toileting, and lifting
- Willingness to attend district ECE in-service for professional growth Effective communication skills
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. For assistance with studying for this assessment, click KPA Study Guide. To schedule to take the KPA test with our Adult Ed department click https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0Bh_qS85AHf6KXFQtNNahoGWAQ7yo3NCsMedzhMW8QvcCXQ/viewform?usp=sf_link. Upon completion of scheduling, you will receive a confirmation email from Adult Ed with additional instructions about the location, address and parking.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here