Re-Inventing Tech in Louisville: The Silicon Valley of The South
Chief Information Security Officer
Full-Time w/ Salary, In-Office position
At El Toro, we look at the world differently. We are the leader in observing and understanding human behavior. Our customers gain a competitive advantage from our advanced analytics and ad tech., delivering empirical results that matter. Being the innovative company we are, we’ve recently received our 11th patent approval, issued in June of 2021, with an additional six new patents currently pending. As our tech advances, so does the need for extraordinary individuals to join our team of innovators that will pioneer our company forward. Is that you?
Given El Toro’s growth in both size and solutions, El Toro now seeks an experienced leader to serve as Chief Information Security Officer. This individual will report directly to the General Counsel, with a dotted line to the Company’s Chief Technology Officers, and will lead the Company’s efforts to design, implement, and update its data security policies, practices, and strategies to ensure compliance, minimize risks, and fuel further growth.
A successful candidate must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can connect security and compliance to the Company’s goals and build solid working relationships that drive change and strengthen the Company’s controls and service delivery.
- Leads the design and implementation of El Toro’s security strategy, taking into account the business strategy and complex regulations and supervisory expectations
- Role models El Toro’s mission, core values, culture, and desired behaviors
- Develops talent within their team to deliver performance and results, including identifying, developing, and retaining talent with requisite physical and digital security capabilities.
- Drives operations of their team– including core business processes and technologies.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting commitments by setting and communicating expectations and roles and responsibilities relative to the security function.
Technical & Risk Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain policies and standards to drive privacy controls and compliance, including but not limited to HIPAA, PCI, CCPA, CCPR, GDPR compliance, and lead
- Company-wide training to ensure adherence to the policies and standards.
- Develop metrics for security and compliance adoption across the Company.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Keep up-to-date on data privacy and security laws and best practices and advise the Company accordingly.
- Lead, plan and manage the execution and delivery of technical vulnerability analyses, audits, policy compliance reviews, BCDR implementation and planning, risk-based IT assessments and compliance reviews, and third-party risk questionnaires
- Responsible for protecting the information, system, financial and physical assets of the enterprise (cash, facilities, and equipment) and mitigating potential risks involved in the loss of intangibles (reputation), intellectual property, and trade secrets.
- Accountable for oversight of cybersecurity operations.
- Achieve SOC 2 compliance.
- Communicates security strategy, risks, costs, and related impact to the highest levels of the organization and its operating committees.
- Drives information gathering and risk assessment at El Toro, including developing a wide range of security-related events that can adversely affect the security and safety of personnel and the profitability or reputation of the organization.
- Monitors the probability of any security-related incidents and develops appropriate preventive strategies consistent with sound business judgment and internal controls.
- Identifies and understands the nature of security risks in the business environment and applies appropriate financial and managerial controls to mitigate those risks.
- Coordinates with local, state, federal, and international government agencies as required.
- Risk management
- Ability to budget
- Business knowledge
- 7 years of Information Security experience, or 5 years with a CISSP certification;
- Experience in Data Loss Prevention, Data Encryption (in-transit and at-rest), Network
- Security and database platforms, certificate and key management;
- Experience conducting security risk assessments or IT audits using standardized processes such as NIST SP 800-30, ISO 27001, SOC 2, or similar;
- Experience working with cybersecurity controls frameworks and data privacy regulations such as NIST SP 800-53, ISO 27001/2, CIS Controls, NIST CSF, HITRUST, GDPR, CCPA, or similar;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate security and privacy considerations to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Experience with implementing security best practices in a software development environment that leverages cloud-based solution architectures such as AWS, GCP, or Azure; with database platforms such as Druid, Cassandra, MongoDB, SQLite, or other relational databases; and
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Benefits & Perks:
We value our team members and want to provide them with an outstanding benefits package with the following offerings:
- Company-paid medical plan in addition to competitive dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- 401k plan with company contribution of 3% once qualified
- 15 PTO Days per year, which increases to 20 PTO days after three years of full-time employment with us
- 9 Paid Holidays for those that qualify
- On-Site Gym & Showers for ALL employees
- Pet Insurance that fits every pet and every pet parent
- Opportunity for discounted education via Sullivan University
- Great work-life balance
- Welcoming, Safe, and Fun work environment!
- Explosive growth allowing rapid career advancements
El Toro is committed to actively fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among its workforce and the broader community. Our culture is defined through our E.P.I.I.C model Excellence, Persistence, Integrity, Innovation, and Continued Improvement. You can read more about El Toro’s unique work experience here.
El Toro is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our Company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, language, age, disability, political affiliation, sex, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit eltoro.com.