Re-Inventing Tech in Louisville: The Silicon Valley Of The South
El Toro’s software developers build the next-generation ad tech and analytics technologies that change how organizations explore and interact with their respective customers. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale and extend well beyond digital advertisement. We’re looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, natural language processing, UI design, and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to El Toro’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
El Toro provides business and consumer analytics and multi-channel activation points that empower organizations to be smarter about how they engage with audiences with measurable results. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services to better serve the world.
El Toro is and always will be an innovative technology company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of the industry’s greatest challenges. At El Toro, our developers not only revolutionize digital advertising, but they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications, and entirely new platforms that disrupt markets.
Job Role &. Responsibilities:
- In Short: Answer hard questions that may require processing a lot of data. Petabytes, not Terra-bytes. Big Data Problems.
- Developing/improving processes to monitor conformance of modeling processes with internal guidelines and standards (And help create more standards and guidelines)
- Working with business partners to compile and report relevant model metrics
- Continued improvement of models
- Model peer reviews
- Be a key player in developing and communicating recommendations
- Create Reports presentations, and other relevant analyses to provide relevant insights to key business leaders
- Help build more models that our development team can implement into our core business applications
- Problem Solving
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science
3 or more years of experience in statistical analytics and/or predictive modeling
- 5 Years of a Development and Automation Mindset
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, Python, R, and/or SQL
- Demonstrated experience with ML models in a variety of applications, and be able to discuss the pros and cons of those different applications.
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions.
- Experience in working with assignments that involve complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics (We utilize Power BI, and Jupyter Notebooks)
- Ability to make decisions on complex issues regarding technical approach for project components
- Ph.D. in Mathematics/Statistics/Data Science
- 6 or more years of experience in statistical analytics and/or predictive modeling
- Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics
Nice-To-Have Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, AWS, and/or basic dev ops/deployment tasks is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
We value our team members and want to provide them with an amazing benefits package with the following offerings:
- Company-paid medical plan in addition to competitive dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- 401k plan with company contribution of 3% once qualified
- 15 PTO Days per year, which increases to 20 PTO days after 3 years of full-time employment with us
- 9 Paid Holidays for those that qualify
- On-Site Gym & Showers for ALL employees
- Pet Insurance that fits every pet and every pet parent
- Opportunity for discounted education via Sullivan University
- Great work-life balance
- Welcoming, Safe, and Fun work environment!
- Explosive growth allowing rapid career advancements
El Toro is committed to actively fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among its workforce and the broader community. Our culture is defined through our E.P.I.I.C model Excellence, Persistence, Integrity, Innovation, and Continued Improvement. You can read more about El Toro’s unique work experience here.
El Toro is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our Company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, language, age, disability, political affiliation, sex, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit eltoro.com.