Re-Inventing Tech in Louisville: The Silicon Valley of The South
El Toro’s software developers build the next-generation ad tech and analytics technologies that change how organizations explore and interact with their respective customers. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale and extend well beyond digital advertisement. We’re looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, natural language processing, UI design, and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to El Toro’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
El Toro provides business and consumer analytics and multi-channel activation points that empower organizations to be smarter about how they engage with audiences with measurable results. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services to better serve the world.
El Toro is and always will be an innovative technology company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of the industry’s greatest challenges. At El Toro, our developers not only revolutionize digital advertising, but they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications, and entirely new platforms that disrupt markets.
Job Role &. Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, test, and maintain tools and processes for build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Ensure accessibility, security, reliability, availability, and performance of infrastructure.
- Administer tools and processes to build, test, deploy, and monitor software.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
- Being the last line of support of services and applications in production.
- Evangelize a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams to go from development to production with a minimum effort.
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferably in Computer Science or allied fields required, or equivalent experience or technical certifications.
- Minimum 3+ years of comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes.
- 10+ years of strong and proven experience in DevOps, Automation, and/or Software development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, and HTTP.
- Experience with unit and UI testing frameworks
- Proficiency in shell scripting and Python is highly desirable.
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involve analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning.
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Terraform, or Puppet in production environments with many nodes, and understanding of Linux and Windows Platforms.
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud systems (Azure), and API Management.
- Knowledgeable about security, networking, and RDBMS/Database technologies (Postgres, MySQL, Redis).
- Strong mission to put pro-active solutions in place to prevent future problems and automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.
- Passion for Open-source technologies, developing common libraries to be used by the developer community.
- Strong experience in developing Platform components and help development teams to build consistent applications.
- Required ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called for to take on challenges to provide solutions in a fast-paced environment in areas API management, Microservices,
- DevOps, and Common Frameworks.
- In-depth knowledge on developing frameworks, common services in collaboration with the development community.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment.
- Development experience in designing/implementing large scale, distributed systems in production-class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in MongoDB, Cassandra, TiDB, Druid
- Expertise in DevOps (or at least an understanding of integrating into).
- Experience with SOLR and/or Elastic Search, Python, Spark.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, logistic regression) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience in Linux & Windows platforms.
- Working Experience with AWS/Kubernetes.
- Ability to perform effective code reviews and recommend automated review tools for the team.
- Ability to think through performance requirements for a system and lead optimizing/tuning.
Nice-To-Have Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, AWS, and/or basic dev ops/deployment tasks is a plus // Verge of Requirement. You should be able to talk about alternatives you consider yourself an expert in, if not these directly.
Benefits & Perks:
We value our team members and want to provide them with an amazing benefits package with the following offerings:
- Company-paid medical plan in addition to competitive dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- 401k plan with company contribution of 3% once qualified
- 15 PTO Days per year, which increases to 20 PTO days after 3 years of full-time employment with us
- 9 Paid Holidays for those that qualify
- On-Site Gym & Showers for ALL employees
- Pet Insurance that fits every pet and every pet parent
- Opportunity for discounted education via Sullivan University
- Great work-life balance
- Welcoming, Safe, and Fun work environment!
- Explosive growth allowing rapid career advancements
El Toro is committed to actively fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among its workforce and the broader community. Our culture is defined through our E.P.I.I.C model Excellence, Persistence, Integrity, Innovation, and Continued Improvement. You can read more about El Toro’s unique work experience here.
El Toro is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our Company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, language, age, disability, political affiliation, sex, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit eltoro.com.