Re-Inventing Tech in Louisville: The Silicon Valley of The South
El Toro’s software developers build the next-generation ad tech and analytics technologies that change how organizations explore and interact with their respective customers. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale and extend well beyond digital advertisement. We’re looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, natural language processing, UI design, and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to El Toro’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
El Toro provides business and consumer analytics and multi-channel activation points that empower organizations to be smarter about how they engage with audiences with measurable results. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services to better serve the world.
El Toro is and always will be an innovative technology company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of the industry’s greatest challenges. At El Toro, our developers not only revolutionize digital advertising, but they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications, and entirely new platforms that disrupt markets.
Job Role &. Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Mentor Junior and Mid-level developers.
- Organize and conduct technical training for the department.
- Problem Solving
- Must be comfortable communicating with product owners and junior developers about requirements
- Must have experience using git for code version control (Should understand concepts such as commits, branches, merges, pull requests)
- Must have experience performing code reviews on a software team
- Must have experience with GraphQL and Node.js/express server development. Experience with GraphQL ecosystem tools (Apollo Client, Prisma Nexus, and graphql server, etc) is a plus.
- Must have experience creating UI components using React Hooks
- Must have prior experience shipping a SaaS product, (References Required, Links Acceptedwould like to see links and references
- Strong preference for developers with several years of experience building and shipping applications using React
- Should be able to implement web components based on a description of desired features and wireframe or sketch
- Should take initiative to solve problems independently or ask for help if tasks are unclear
- Should feel comfortable speaking up in team meetings to contribute feedback, issues, or possible product improvements
- Should have experience working on small development teams especially in a growing environment
- Should have experience working on agile teams with daily standups / weekly planning meetings
Nice-To-Have Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, AWS, and/or basic dev ops/deployment tasks is a plus
- Experience with Meteor is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
We value our team members and want to provide them with an amazing benefits package with the following offerings:
- Company-paid medical plan in addition to competitive dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- 401k plan with company contribution of 3% once qualified
- 15 PTO Days per year, which increases to 20 PTO days after 3 years of full-time employment with us
- 9 Paid Holidays for those that qualify
- On-Site Gym & Showers for ALL employees
- Pet Insurance that fits every pet and every pet parent
- Opportunity for discounted education via Sullivan University
- Great work-life balance
- Welcoming, Safe, and Fun work environment!
- Explosive growth allowing rapid career advancements
El Toro is committed to actively fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among its workforce and the broader community. Our culture is defined through our E.P.I.I.C model Excellence, Persistence, Integrity, Innovation, and Continued Improvement. You can read more about El Toro’s unique work experience here.
El Toro is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our Company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, language, age, disability, political affiliation, sex, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit eltoro.com.