Current JCPS teachers who wish to transfer into this position must click HERE to be considered for this transfer. Transfer requests for this position will not be considered after 6/13/2022. For more information regarding the JCTA Teacher Transfer Process see the attached Article 16 document.
NOTE for all JCPS non-certified employees: In order to apply for this certified position, you must select external applicant when logging into Applitrack.
Job Description: (Attached)
Salary Schedule: III (Attached)
Days/Hours: 187days/7 hours
Scope of Responsibilites:
Plans, organizes and delivers the program of instruction based on approved curriculum; monitors, evaluates, and communicates student progress;maintains records and makes reports; enforces Board policies, regulations, and rules; supervises students, and secures and maintains school property and materials.
1. Kentucky certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular assignment (Engineering/Design, Core content Science, Math, Computer grades 5-9 or 8-12)
2. Experience and preparation required by the Board
Explore Pathways description
The Explore Pathways were created to help middle school students discover possible options for their futures while in JCPS and beyond. Explore is an introduction to career and technical education with an emphasis on student choice and project-based learning/thinking. Teachers applying for this position should have a passion for the pathway, whether through experience in an aligned career field OR by having both appropriate teacher certification and interest / experience in the area of focus.
Guiding principles of Explore include:
· Equitable access to opportunities and resources
· Increased student engagement and sense of belonging
· Student empowerment through Design Thinking (Project Based Learning)
· Promotion of 21st Century Learning and the Backpack of Success Skills
· A clear connection to the Academies of Louisville to create a middle to high school bridge