Current JCPS teachers who wish to transfer into this position must click HERE to be considered for this transfer. Transfer requests for this position will not be considered after 5/11/2022. For more information regarding the JCTA Teacher Transfer Process see the attached Article 16 document.
NOTE for all JCPS non-certified employees: In order to apply for this certified position, you must select external applicant when logging into Applitrack.
Job Description: (Attached)
Salary Schedule: III (Attached)
Days/Hours: 187days/7 hours
Scope of Responsibilites:
Plans, organizes and delivers the program of instruction based on approved curriculum; monitors, evaluates, and communicates student progress;maintains records and makes reports; enforces Board policies, regulations, and rules; supervises students, and secures and maintains school property and materials.
1. Kentucky certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular assignment (English/Journalism)
2. Experience and preparation required by the Board
Candidates should have extensive background experience in the following:
- Collaborates with department colleagues to plan a four-year, project-based magnet experience for students that includes field trips and after school events, magnet application reviews, and journalism vertical curriculum alignment
- Plans, organizes and delivers journalism instruction to career-focused students with an emphasis on written journalism, including inverted pyramid, investigative, and feature news styles, along with interviewing sources and filing open records requests
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of subjects that shape coursework and whole magnet curriculum, including current local, national and world events, media principles and ethics, press law, and the influence of American political, social and economic institutions on journalism
- Manages students in the production of a nationally award-winning student daily news website, including adhering to journalistic best practices, monitoring student social media content, following student news stories, advising student editors, and managing website content
- Handles technical support and orders for equipment and resources, including computers, communications software, website content management systems, and video and audio equipment
- Plans, organizes and delivers instruction in video production as it relates to news and storytelling, including instruction on the rules and principles of videography, capturing footage, using post-production Adobe software, and the care and operation of cameras and computers