Website Everyday Kitchen
#farm2table #comfortfood #EDK
Everyday Kitchen, a full-service modern American comfort food concept in Louisville, KY, seeks a Restaurant General Manager to ensure the successful operational and financial performance in accordance with the company’s purpose, values, brand standards, and key performance indicators.
Everyday Kitchen & Lodgic Everyday Community
Everyday Kitchen is a full-service, polished-casual restaurant optimized to compete effectively in the Louisville dining market with a modern American comfort food menu centered on the restaurant’s showpiece open-flame spitfire grill, plus a full-service creative take on classic cocktails and local bourbons.
An adjacent daytime casual café, Everyday Kitchen Café, also provides an elevated coffee bar plus a wholesome menu of fresh-made pastries, salads, sandwiches, and breakfast prepared in the restaurant’s scratch kitchen.
Everyday Kitchen Restaurant and Café are food-first, chef-featured, and focused on delivering seasonally influenced and innovative dishes in a fast-paced environment while never sacrificing quality. The brand prides itself on collaborating with local farms and producers whenever possible.
• is the nation’s first-ever destination uniting flexible coworking and offices, state-licensed drop-in childcare, meeting and event spaces, and all-day food & beverage under one roof;
• is designed to support and empower modern working families, entrepreneurs, mobile professionals, and whole communities to thrive in their aspirations; and
• delivers an uplifting, service-oriented, collaborative, hospitality-forward experience that serves the modern worker’s need for flexibility and support in key areas of life and at all times of day.
At Lodgic Louisville, users are welcome to plug in when they what, how they want, leveraging just one service area or all. In addition to Everyday Kitchen, consumers will find on site:
• Lodgic Workplace, designed to serve a variety of coworking needs for solopreneurs, small businesses, remote workers, or anyone who wants a creative, energizing, design-driven, hospitality-forward professional environment where they can enhance their productivity, enrich their professional network, and enjoy professional support and hosting services not otherwise available to today’s on-demand workers and small businesses.
• Lodgic Kids Camp, enrollment-based drop-in childcare for children 12 months to 12 years, open to any parent who wants the best of both worlds: a high-quality, fully licensed, play-based learning environment and the flexibility of only paying for the care they use, plus hourly and weekly package pricing available.
• Lodgic Events provides gathering spaces to host meetings, presentations, parties, and memorable catering or cocktail events.
Lodgic Everyday Community is designed as a scalable multi-unit brand poised for national growth. The first location opened in Champaign, IL, in 2018, followed by the second location in Madison, WI. The Louisville location opened in Spring 2021.
Restaurant General Manager, Louisville
The Restaurant General Manager will take overall leadership and responsibility for ensuring the successful operational and financial performance of Everyday Kitchen, and the total Front of House and Beverage operation for Lodgic Louisville, according to the company’s purpose, values, brand standards, and key performance indicators.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef and working cooperatively with other departmental leaders as well as the Lodgic Everyday Community Managing Director, the Restaurant General Manager will be a team leader who consistently models a true passion for food and beverage, as well as an unrelenting drive to provide exceptional guest service and hospitality in a multi-faceted environment. They will lead the charge in creating in a service-forward, hospitality-focused culture across Lodgic Louisville: “Yes is the answer — what is the question?”
Core Job Responsibilities
• Create and lead a thriving, growth-oriented food & beverage operation that always includes a seamlessly excellent hospitality experience for all guests.
• Strategically partner with the Executive Chef and Lodgic Managing Director to deliver an approachable, consistent, and elevated dining experience in any situation.
• Lead service team across the facility. Prepare and develop staff for growth, including ongoing training in all Lodgic Hospitality Fundamentals.
• Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment while excelling in analyzing costs, profitability, and productivity.
• Prepare and maintain budgets while assuring the highest standards for health, sanitation, and safety necessary in restaurant operations.
• Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
• Train safe work habits and alert the staff to notify the manager on duty of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area at once.
• Implement and maintain all standards set by the company; establish the manner and means to train staff according to standard.
• Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
• Ensure all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time, and in accordance to company policies and procedures.
• Hire and train service staff. Provide direction to team members regarding operations and procedural issues while developing team members by providing ongoing feedback. Establish performance expectations and conduct performance appraisals.
• Create a positive guest experience at all times. Investigate and respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
• Beverage purchasing and inventory.
• Collaborate with the Events department on all operational and guest experience needs in accordance with BEO and brand guidelines.
• Collaborate with Kids Camp management on all operational and guest experience needs consistent with brand and state licensing guidelines.
• Accommodate special requests and dietary restrictions.
• Delegate daily tasks to staff to ensure smooth operation and service.
• Work with the Managing Director and other department managers to develop and seamlessly deliver crossline products and services that enhance the guest experience and drive revenue.
• Collaborate with other Lodgic food & beverage leaders across the company to enhance and grow the experience and performance of Everyday Kitchen and the Lodgic food & beverage experience overall.
• Responsible for administrative tasks as required.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 5 years General Manager experience in a full-service, formal/semi-formal restaurant. 2-3 years Catering/Banquet experience preferred.
• Strong Beverage knowledge, including local bourbons and beers.
• Food Serve Safe certification.
• Strong knowledge of Kentucky state sanitation regulations.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills, plus advanced computer and math skills.
• Strong knowledge of front and back of house operations including food, beverage, staff supervision and management, inventory, food safety, service techniques, and guest interaction.
• Strong understanding of cost and labor systems that lead to profitability.
• Strong work ethic; able to work effectively in collaboration with others.
• Product, cost, and quality conscious.
• Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands.
• Must be able to work on your feet for at least ten hours.
• Fast-paced movements to go from one part of the facility to others.
• Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift to 50 pounds on occasion, and 35 pounds regularly.
• Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
• Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch, and climb as required.
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive salary, paid vacation, personal time, and holidays.
• Basic life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, and employee assistance program; optional Blue Cross Blue Shield medical (PPO), dental, vision, voluntary life, critical illness, and accident insurance.
• 401(k) retirement savings plan through Voya (safe harbor and company match after one year).
• Lowest published package hourly rate and free enrollment at Lodgic Kids Camp.
This job description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the Managing Director or National Food & Beverage Director.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.