Website German American Bank
Summary of Duties:
Are you an energetic and outgoing person, looking to make an impact with customers and within your community? We are looking for passionate go-getters like you to drive the future of our business in the communities we serve. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will experience all aspects of German American Bank’s culture and values while working with internal and external customers on issues that impact our business and the lives of our clients. Our blended learning approach includes experiential, hands-on learning where you are able to work alongside a mentor and fellow team members to perform meaningful work. With your active engagement, you will gain a deeper understanding of banking services such as deposit and loan transactions, identifying needs of the clients in order to provide meaningful solutions in areas such as lending, insurance and financial services, and you also serve as a line of defense for the bank and customers to control risk and promote security controls and so much more.
Primary Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- The Daily Grind – Your focus will be supporting our external customers in a variety of ways including engaging in meaningful conversations to verify account information, perform loan and deposit transactions, uncover client needs, and more.
- You’re Part of a Team – You are a member of the Retail team which includes supporting our clients and team members in surrounding counties. This role offers amazing insight into the world of banking and our local communities.
- And you have to be able to juggle – Multiple and conflicting priorities will come up under specific time constraints. In concert with your leader and other team members, you have to be quick to act when issues arise.
What it Takes:
- Ability to: communicate effectively (written and verbally), maintain confidentiality, work with speed and accuracy, grasp technical information quickly, and work independently and as a team member.
- Attention to detail and ability to work well in teams and individually.
- Passion for building and maintaining customer relationships
- Ability to lift (up to 35 pounds) bags of loose or rolled coin
- Responsible for adhering to compliance laws, regulations, and established Bank policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Previous customer service experience in a professional setting
- Knowledge of Banking
What we can offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, etc.
- 17 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and bereavement leave
- Educational Assistance Program
- Wellness benefits
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Life event coverage
- Service awards
- Financial benefits including 401(k) match, stock purchase plan and more
- Great deals on both national and local discounts on everything from computers and vacations to phones and retail shopping.
- Logo wear discounts
- Free checking account, checks and discounted bank services
To apply for this job please visit germanamerican.csod.com.