Website German American Bank
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a sales-oriented mortgage professional to provide outstanding customer service in our mortgage lending division. As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you will collect and analyze the customer’s financial profile, and acting as a trusted advisor, identify an appropriate mortgage product, as well as other products and services, to meet their financial needs. You also investigate and develop opportunities to attract new customers, actively cultivating relationships with referral partners, such as realtors, builders, bank colleagues, attorneys, former clients, CPAs, and others within your sphere of influence.
What You’ll Do:
- The Daily Grind – Your focus will be the sales and origination of 1-4 single-family residential loans within predetermined guidelines and rates set forth by the Bank and its investors. Working with potential borrowers, you will analyze their income, assets, and liabilities in order to identify appropriate mortgage programs and successfully pre-qualify them for financing. Throughout the lending process, you will follow up with applicants and secure the necessary information to process, underwrite, and close the loan. As a goal-oriented person, you will strive to consistently achieve volume and/or unit production targets and cross-sell bank products where applicable. Aligned with German American’s core values, you project a positive attitude and act with integrity at all times, delivering “best-in-class” customer service. You are a continual learner, building on your industry knowledge and complying with pertinent state and federal laws and regulations, the company’s compliance policy, and external compliance requirements including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- You’re Part of a Team – You are a member of the mortgage team which includes all mortgage lenders and operations staff throughout southern Indiana and Kentucky. This role also has close ties with other business lines, including retail, commercial, insurance and the wealth advisory teams. You are a true people-person, working cooperatively and constructively with a wide variety of people, cross-functional teams, community based organizations, title companies and referral partners. You also represent German American in the community, working toward community development and leadership through involvement in service, civic organizations, and community events and activities.
- And you have to be able to juggle – Multiple and conflicting priorities will come up under specific time constraints. In concert with your leader and other team members, you have to be quick to act when issues arise.
What it Takes:
- NMLS State License or Federal NMLS Registration (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- 1+ years’ experience in real estate, mortgage or sales equivalent
- Skills in: entrepreneurial and business development/sales; needs analysis – analyzing information regarding customer income/debts, etc.; verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of: Conventional, VA, USDA FHA, FNMA and Portfolio underwriting guidelines; mortgage compliance regulations; business acumen and judgment- bank mortgage products, policies, and procedures
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working location: Louisville, KY or Shelbyville, KY
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, etc.
- 17 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and bereavement leave
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Leave
- Wellness benefits
- Life event coverage
- Service awards
- Financial benefits including 401(k) match, stock purchase plan and more
- Great deals on both national and local discounts on everything from computers and vacations to phones and retail shopping
- Logo wear discounts
- Free checking account, checks and discounted bank services
To apply for this job please visit germanamerican.csod.com.