Website German American Bank
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a passionate go-getter like you to leverage your previous success as a Learning and Development leader with a proven track record of gaining buy-in, providing strategic direction and implementing scalable participant-centered development solutions for adult learners. In your role, you will lead the Learning and Development Team, work closely with Human Capital as well as other business leaders to provide successful development opportunities to team members. You will lead the administration of learning related policies, procedures, systems and processes. You will also partner with leaders to develop and execute development plans that anticipates and accounts for business needs, identifies skill gaps, assesses talent capability, and addresses organizational needs. A strong candidate for this role has five plus years’ experience leading others in a corporate setting, building relationships across business units, a strong knowledge of adult learning principles, a proven record of analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating learning solutions, experience with various performance technologies, ability to manage projects in various levels of completion and facilitate online and face-to-face learning events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Daily Grind – You will leverage your previous experiences and help us set and execute the vision for instructionally sound, participant-centered, scalable learning across two states for over 900 employees. As a leader, you will also set and monitor performance and operational standards, objectives, and the annual budget. In addition, you will manage new projects coming into the department and in concert with the team and business partner(s), identify realistic timelines. Remaining up-to-date and knowledgeable about industry trends and innovations is important as well as developing your team members. You will coach managers, supervisors and others involved in development efforts.
- You’re Part of a Team – You are a member of the Learning & Development and Human Capital teams. You will also partner with other leaders, project sponsors, and subject-matter experts to research, design, develop or recommend for purchase, training or other programs.
- And you have to be able to juggle – Multiple and conflicting priorities will come up under specific time constraints. In concert with your leader and training and development team members, you have to be quick to act when issues arise.
What it Takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training and development, organizational development, human resources, instructional design, performance technology, or related field.
- Five plus years leading others in a corporate setting or matrixed environment.
- Skills in: building relationships, leading and developing others, listening, consulting, explaining, analyzing, communicating effectively (written and verbally across a diverse spectrum), maintaining confidentiality, motivating and coaching others, making decisions, thinking critically, solving complex problems, reporting progress, and deescalating situations with team members or customers.
- Ability to: get along with others, make successful presentations, facilitate, research, analyze and grasp technical information quickly, accept responsibility, prioritize, organize and plan projects, achieve goals, ability to give and receive feedback, assess needs, use available resources and partnerships to solve problems, and work independently and as a team member.
- Previous experience leading a training department in a corporate setting
- Successful design and implementation of level three and above evaluations
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD)
- Change Management Certification
What we can offer you:
- Working location: Jasper, IN, Evansville, IN, Owensboro, KY or Shelbyville KY; with travel to Jasper frequently as well as the overall footprint, as needed.
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, etc.
- 17 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays and bereavement leave
- Educational Assistance Program
- Wellness benefits
- Life event coverage
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Service awards
- Financial benefits including 401(k) match, stock purchase plan and more
- National and local discounts on everything from computers and vacations to phones and retail shopping.
- Free checking accounts, checks and discounted bank services
To apply for this job please visit germanamerican.csod.com.