Empower Today. Change Tomorrow.
A GGC School Empowerment Zone (SEZ) is a collaboration between GGC and a committed JCPS school partner to develop and support a sustainable school-based community that aims to make a measurable difference in the life of the students we serve using our Global Game Changers social-emotional learning framework in-school and out-of-school, coupled with family support wraparound services.
Our SEZ Site Manager is responsible for coordinating the afterschool program, supporting the in-school program, and working with partners to enrich and support the community within the school.
Founded in 2013, Global Game Changers Student Empowerment Program (GGC), a 501(c)(3), is an innovative evidence-based social emotional learning solution that uses service-learning as a vehicle to empower students to IGNITE GOOD!™ and give back using our equation: MY TALENT+MY HEART=MY SUPERPOWER™. Nurturing the whole child, students develop skills in leadership, empathy, and character that lead to successful and engaged citizens. Using engaging tools, our program incorporates The GLOBAL GAME CHANGERS, a team of fictional scrappy kid superheroes who empower real-life superheroes to discover their unique superpower to IGNITE GOOD!™ and battle their archnemesis, KRUMI, a dark cloud who spreads apathy throughout the world. This unique approach to social-emotional learning develops the whole child and empowers students to overcome apathy and feel empathy, developing a sustainable connection and continued engagement in service beyond the program.
Designed to align with both the needs of educators and the needs of the students, the curriculum is Common Core Standards-compliant, flexible, and differentiated by grade levels. GGC’s curriculum promotes deeper learning experiences for in-school and out-of-school applications and provides educators with access to evaluation, professional development, and robust classroom resource tools via its user-friendly online educator platform. Committed to equitable access for all, our curriculum is privately funded by the Lift a Life Novak Family Foundation and FREE to educators nationwide. We teach children, that no matter who they are, where they come from, or how old they are, they can make a difference in the world and empower them with the tools to do so! For more information, visit globalgamechangers.org
Global Game Changers (GGC) mission is to provide high-quality enriching social-emotional and leadership-based programs that empower all children to discover their inner superpower to make the world a better place. Through in-school and afterschool enrichment partnerships Global Game Changers evidence-based Student Empowerment Program teaches philanthropy as a tool to promote deeper learning experiences as a catalyst to improve outcomes for all students, especially our most at-risk, Pre-K-5th grade. We are an innovative fast paced, impact driven organization with a goal to become the premiere social-emotional learning curriculum in the nation.
- Plans develops, implements, and evaluates site programs, services, and activities, including school-year afterschool programs and summer programs for students and families.
- Coordinates with vendors and partners (e.g., food service, transportation) to ensure delivery of services.
- Collects and documents all objectives, outcomes, student data, and other information as required by Global Game Changers and program funders.
- Provides accurate financial documentation and management for the site.
- Manages staff, AmeriCorps members, and college-aged mentors assigned to the site.
- Identifies professional development opportunities for program staff.
- Coordinates with community organizations on the implementation of enrichment opportunities.
- Recruits students and parents who meet priority criteria outlined in the grant application.
- Implements a communication plan to keep parents informed of students’ progress and available programs.
- Convenes an Advisory Council of staff, parents, and community representatives to assess program needs, review activities, and monitor program performance.
- Communicates and collaborates with the site’s principal and teachers in order to link program activities to school-day learning and monitor student growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor as it relates to the implementation of the SEZ Program
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Outcomes and Results Oriented
- Experience working with community partners
- Experience working with youth and families from diverse backgrounds
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports, presentations, and trainings
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, follow-up, and organization
- Dependable with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent MS Office Skills, database management, and use of communication tools
- Ability to manage staff
- Adherence to organization policies and procedures, including confidentiality
- Experience working in schools
- Experience overseeing budgets
- Excellent time management skills
- Full-Time “Employment-At-Will” Salaried Position
- Following paid holidays: New Year’s Eve & Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day,
- Thanksgiving Day & Friday after, Christmas Eve & Day
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation/Sick Time Annually
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
In JCPS schools, GGC follows all COVID protocol. There may be limited opportunities when program is not in session to work from home; however, the majority of work will be done on-site at Global Game Changers offices or at the assigned elementary school.
To apply for this job please visit globalgamechangers.org.