Website GLIChamber Greater Louisville Inc.
The Metro Chamber of Commerce
Have you ever wanted to do something that makes your community a better place to live, work, and play? Would you like to collaborate with and meet some of Louisville’s top CEOs and business leaders? Well, now you can! Come work at GLI!
GLI, the Metro Chamber of Commerce, is hiring a Vice President of Economic Growth and we’re looking for the right fit. GLI hires based on skills, experience, and alignment with its organizational values. We look for people who are dedicated, inclusive, results-oriented, and collaborative to drive our mission and enrich our organizational culture.
Our top-notch initiatives and programming made us Chamber of the Year in 2019. Whether it’s through supporting and promoting our local businesses, advocating for a business-friendly environment, hosting great events, expanding the region through business attraction, or solving critical talent problems, by joining the GLI team you can help grow our regional economy.
Plus, you’ll have the chance to work with driven and creative professionals in a collaborative culture. GLI has a highly flexible hybrid working arrangement where employees can work remotely/from home along with competitive pay and benefits.
Greater Louisville Inc. – the Metro Chamber of Commerce is focused on growing the regional economy. As the region’s largest convener of business leadership, GLI leads economic and global outreach strategies focused on business attraction; nurtures the entrepreneurial eco-system; and champions the development of the community’s talent base. As the voice of Greater Louisville’s business community, GLI advocates for a pro-business environment and facilitates business engagement on issues that impact regional competitiveness. For more information, visit www.greaterlouisville.com.
GLI includes a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, Section 125 plan, Life Insurance, 401k with employer match, STD/LTD, EAP Program, Parking Discount, Professional Development Allocation, 10 paid holidays, Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick, and Parental Leave).
Under general supervision, will lead GLI’s Economic Growth effort and is responsible for the development and implementation of the economic growth development strategy that includes business recruitment, expansion, and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Develop and manage economic development strategies focused on attraction of new businesses, as well as expansion and retention of existing businesses
- Oversee the management of client projects and project generation through lead development
- Establish processes and practices that facilitate effective client-based business growth
- Develop/cultivate partner relationships – regional, state, local – that will enhance and support goal achievement such as with real estate professionals, the development community, state and local governments, etc.
- Manage budgeted revenues and expenses for the department
- Cultivate and develop the individual members of the regional growth team in terms of job growth and satisfaction, career development, etc.
- Serve as spokesperson/in-house expert on economic development
Coordinate communications and activities with partner agencies on matters that communicate information to support business recruitment
- Manage and oversee special projects and unique relationships that connect businesses to greater Louisville
Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree business, law, public administration or related field preferred.
- Six (6) years of work experience in economic development or in a client approach to business consultation. A combination of education and experience may be substituted when proficiency is demonstrated.
- A Certified Economic Developer designation is desirable.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- CEcD – Certified Economic Development Professional preferred.
- The incumbent must have experience in team leadership, project management/development skills, marketing aptitude, excellent facilitation skills, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and well developed presentation skills.
- Possess the ability, diplomacy, initiative, presence and social skills to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals, including corporate C-suite and government representatives at all levels and other stakeholders, to promote the region’s talent and capital attraction potential.
- Previous experience in urban development or redevelopment is preferred.
- Experience with the following types of software and/or Windows based applications is preferred: word processing, databases, Internet, e-mail.
- The incumbent will be required to pass a background check in accordance with our hiring practices and must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
GLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit gli.applicantpool.com.