Days: 187 / 7
Job Description (attached)
Salary Schedule Range ($43,128.63 – $87,098.99).
- Kentucky certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular assignment – 5-9 MS Science, 8-12 Science OR CTE Certificate (SEE BELOW FOR OCCUPATIONAL BASED HIRING)
- Experience and preparation required by the Board
Occupational Based Hiring (attached)
- Kentucky certification appropriate to the technical program and grade level assignment
- Successful and appropriate occupational experience and academic preparation approved and required by the Board and Kentucky Administrative Regulations
- Four year's experience in teaching area; at least two years of experience completed within the last 5 years.
- If Associates degree or Higher, no pre-employment assessment necessary.
- If less than an Associate Degree, academic assessment required.
1. Applicant must be a US Citizen with a high school diploma or GED, associate degree or higher in
the specific technical field.
2. Four (4) years of successful and appropriate occupational experience in the teaching area.
A maximum of one (1) year of the required work experience may be satisfied by completion of
an accredited occupational preparation program for the occupation to be taught; and,
3. At least two (2) years of the occupational experience completed within the last five (5) years.
(Note: The JCPS Career Instructional Leads in the Office of Transition Readiness are available
to review occupational experience, as requested.)
If applicant does not have an associate’s degree (verified by official transcript), then he/she
must pass a Pre-Employment Assessment – the ACT, SAT, KYOTE, or GED College Readiness
Occupation-based career and technical education certification (See 16 KAR 2:020). Issuance of one year Provisional Certificate. Completion of three (3) semester hours of credit in the occupational area OR successfully completing the New Teacher Institute (NTI).
In addition to the application, all candidates must also complete and upload the attached CA3 p 3 document, listing ALL relevant work experience.
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.
Per Article 16 Section A, 2 of the JCBE and JCTA Agreement, current JCPS classroom teachers must use the Teacher Transfer process and will not be considered for this vacancy.