22-23 Teacher Transfer Instructions:
Current JCPS teachers who wish to transfer into this position must click HERE to be considered for this transfer. Transfer requests for this position will not be considered after 6/15/2022. For more information regarding the JCTA Teacher Transfer Process see the attached Article 16 document.
NOTE for all JCPS non-certified employees: In order to apply for this certified position, you must select external applicant when logging into Applitrack.
Working Calendar: 187 Days/7 Hours
Salary Schedule (attached) ($43,128 – 87,098)
1. Kentucky certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular assignment (CA-3 for Nursing, OR EPSB Cert: 5-9 or 8-12 Science, K-12 PE, K-12 Health)
2. Experience and preparation required by the Board.
3. Effective communication skills.
The Explore Pathways were created to help middle school students discover possible options for their futures while in JCPS and beyond. Explore is an introduction to career and technical education with an emphasis on student choice and project-based learning/thinking. Teachers applying for this position should have a passion for the pathway, whether through experience in an aligned career field OR by having both appropriate teacher certification and interest / experience in the area of focus.
Guiding principles of Explore include:
- Equitable access to opportunities and resources
- Increased student engagement and sense of belonging
- Student empowerment through Design Thinking (Project Based Learning)
- Promotion of 21st Century Learning and the Backpack of Success Skills
- A clear connection to the Academies of Louisville to create a middle to high school bridge
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.
If you are a JCPS retiree applying to return to a part-time or full-time position, you do not need to obtain new transcripts or additional copies of your certificate unless there has been a change on the ones in your personnel file. You may upload a Word document that says your certificate and transcripts are on file.