Website Heartfelt Solutions
Our Direct Support Specialists (DSPs) are a vital part of a client’s success in learning new skills and being active in their community. DSP’s can come from any field of study including education, healthcare, social services, and psychology along with many others. Our employees gain relevant hands – on skills while providing behavioral (ABA) therapy to our clients. They may also help educate the client in life skills and help them acclimate to a normal life. Many of our employees tout our flexible hours as hugely beneficial while attending university. If you meet the criteria listed below, you will make a highly successful DSP:
1. Unconditional respect and positive regard for all.
2. Promotion of healthy relationships and healthy lifestyles.
3. Promotion of self-sufficiency and independence to the greatest extent possible.
4. Belief that all individuals can contribute to their community.
5. Belief that all individuals have rights, freedoms, and access to any necessary adaptations.
6. Empowerment of individuals to live, work, socialize and enjoy leisure in the least restrictive environment.
1. Is eighteen (18) years old with a high school diploma or GED or is at least twenty-one (21) years old.
2. Can adequately communicate with participants and staff.
3. Has a valid social security number or valid work permit if not a U.S. citizen.
4. Can understand and carry out instructions.
5. Has the ability to keep simple records.
6. Provide person centered support on a one-on-one basis with participants.
7. Provide support and assistance to participants to facilitate independence and promote integration into the community.
8. Provide 1:1 support and assistance related to chosen outcomes by participants to facilitate independence and promote integration into the community for a participant residing in his or her own home or in his or her family’s home. These supports may include activities of daily living, personal hygiene, shopping, money management, socialization, relationship building, leisure choices, participation in community activities, and/or therapeutic goals.
Heartfelt Solutions is stationed in Louisville. If you would like to apply, please call 502 – 915 – 8343 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are interested in the DSP position. You can also call the number if you have any questions. Thank you for taking the time to read about our position, we hope to hear from you soon.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com