Job Description (attached)
Salary Schedule IV, Grade 12 (attached)
Days: 215/8 hours
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Principal, under the direction of and as assigned by the Principal, and in the place of the Principal when absent, is responsible for the total operation of the local school program and facility including the responsibility to implement and facilitate the educational objectives of the Jefferson County Public Schools. Assistant Principals assist with supervision, management, evaluation, administration and planning for instructional programs, extracurricular activities, school personnel and school plant operation. The diversity of the duties listed herein indicate that the tasks performed by Assistant Principals are both complex and demanding. While receiving little supervision, the Assistant Principal supervises students and certified and classified personnel.
- Master's Degree with Kentucky Certification in Administration and Supervision on level of assignment (Principal Certificate)
- Three (3) years successful teaching experience
- Effective communication skills
- Complete the online application
- Upload a letter of interest specific to this position, “Assistant Principal – Central High School”. If letter is not specific, the application will be considered incomplete.
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a copy of your KY Administrator Certificate (if applicable)
- Identify 5 references with one being your current supervisor
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.